Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sweet 16 and Going Steady


I've been waiting to post this blog for about 2 weeks now - so close but yet so far - and finally this morning I can do it!

This morning the scale gods were smiling down on me as I stepped on with trepidation. Would today really be the day? You've been so close for the past few weeks. Would week 20 be my lucky week!
I DID IT!!! WOO HOOOOOO!!

I made it to the

Sweet 16 party!


Here's a funny NSV confession which arrived earlier in the month that I haven't blogged about yet:

I've been going steady - again! For you youngsters out there, back in the dark ages, before dirt - 1960 or so - 'going steady' meant you were wearing your boy friends class ring which was always too big. So you wore the ring on a chain around your neck or on your finger with LOTS of tape or yarn wrapped around it to make it small enough to wear without getting lost.

Well, I've been going steady with my DH for about a month now! Yep, the wedding ring is too big and falling off when I least expect it - so doing what any cute girl from the '60's would do - I taped it. You got it! A big ol' wad of adhesive tape to keep that baby on tight! (see photo attachment - I live in a very small town and yes I have looked for ring adjusters - no such animal here so tape it is and tape it will be! When I reach goal I'll have it professionally sized - can't wait!)

Wishing y'all a very HAPPY NEW YEAR and a VERY HAPPY NEW YOU!

Original Post Date: Jan 4, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment