Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Bumpy Road

Steps 2 & 3 were difficult! Minor set backs with having to eat L&G at a BBQ w/Friends and problems with my sleep disorder. Got cranky with the DH - he's OP too - who got cranky back. Headaches have gone away for the most part and today (Step 5) I'm not as hugry.

Saw my Dr's PA on Step 2 who gave me good results from my recent testing which is encouraging since the tests were done pre-MF! I had lost some weight before beginning MF but the lab results still were not encouraging. It will be interesting to see what happens when the new labs are done.

It's funny that the reason I even began this journey was because of a visit with this Dr's office. After the first labs were done the results were terrible - but better than in the past which meant changes I had already implemented were starting to work - but the results were still not good. At this point the PA called in the Dr to talk about the results and these were his words, "I have nothing more to offer you (meaning drugs). Your only choice is to loose 80 pounds or die. And I don't think you can do it. You should probably look into lapband surgery." Then he left the room. I WAS SHOCKED! That's it? Loose it or die? What kind of doctor speaks to his patients that way. I don't think it was "tough love" - I think he was obviously out of treatment options - as he knew it.

Well there is a way to do it! I am so grateful my DH found a mutual friend who was willing to share the program. Bless you Heidi and Mike!!

Original Post Date: Aug 20, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment