Sunday, December 5, 2010

Stress


Ever had one of "THOSE" days?

Maybe a better question is who hasn't had one!
We all have stress - it's how we deal with it that sets us up for success in our weight loss

I'd like to share with you an article written by one of our team members - Dan Morgan. Dan is a wellness spokesperson for his company and writes a monthly article for the company newsletter. He's given me permission to share it with you. Check out how Dan deals with his stress:

Hello again! I have made it another month in my quest toward my commitment goal to lose a total of 114 lbs. by January 31, 2011. This past month it has been a little rocky and a little slow for weight loss. My weigh-in this morning was 220 lbs. My goal still remains at 195 lbs., but I have added a commitment goal of an additional 10 lbs.

Occasionally, I find myself wanting to binge eat if my stress level has been above normal for my day. The key to my success is realizing my weakness -- similar to a smoker realizing their weakness -- to use food to comfort me after a bad day. I also know that this is a lifestyle change I must embrace to keep the weight off. I must continually be aware of this moving forward in my quest.

Recently, I met with my doctor, who (I must say) was ecstatic about my results. Since my first visit with doctor, I am off two of my medications for high blood pressure. The key to my weight loss is that I eat six small meals per day approximately every 2-1/2 to 3 hours.

I am still playing racquetball and have just started playing in a competitive league. Then, in October, I am attending the “Fran Davis Racquetball Training Camp” to increase my ability level. Racquetball is my way of saying NO to the boring treadmill that in the past has lost my interest and become a great clothes hanger.

In closing, let me say, I must continually take ownership of this process. This is my healthy lifestyle change, and my will to continue to be happy and healthy for my family, my children and my grandchildren. I wish each of you the WILL to do the same.
Kind regards,
Dan

If you don't have stress it probably means your dead! So learn what your stress triggers are and how you can deal with them. Take ownership of your lifestyle and your choices - no more blaming it on "Mother Nature", hormones or aliens invading your body! Work the plan and the Plan will WORK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment